Are you in search of denture cleaning in Warrington? Smiles and More are here to help!
Smiles and More understand the potential embarrassment caused by stained or discoloured dentures.
This latest Smiles and More blog will explain everything you need to know on how to clean your dentures at home and our denture cleaning services.
The five basics tips for denture cleaning in Warrington
When it comes to denture cleaning, it is important to have a proper routine to maintain your oral hygiene. Here are some basics for denture cleaning that you must know:
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush: A soft-bristled toothbrush is gentle on your dentures and won’t damage the surfaces. Avoid using regular toothbrushes or abrasive cleaners, which can leave scratches and marks.
- Use a non-abrasive denture cleaner: Choose a non-abrasive denture cleaner to maintain your dentures. You can use a mild dish soap or a denture cleaning solution recommended by your dentist. Avoid using bleach, hot water, or other harsh chemicals that can damage your dentures.
- Rinse your dentures after every meal: Rinse your dentures under lukewarm water after every meal. This helps to remove food particles and prevents bacteria build-up.
- Soak your dentures overnight: Soak your dentures overnight in a denture cleaning solution. This helps to remove plaque and build-up that can’t be removed with regular cleaning.
- Gently brush your gums and tongue: After you remove your dentures, gently brush your gums and tongue with a soft-bristled toothbrush to remove bacteria and freshen your breath.
What foods should I avoid when I am wearing my dentures?
When wearing dentures, you must be mindful of the foods you consume to prevent damaging or dislodging your prosthetic teeth. Here are some foods you should avoid:
Sticky or chewy foods
Foods like caramel, toffee, and gummy candies can stick to your dentures and pull them out of place. Avoiding these types of foods altogether is recommended.
Hard and crunchy foods
Nuts, seeds, and popcorn can all crack or break your dentures. Try to eat softer versions of these foods, like smooth nut butter or thinly sliced fruits and vegetables.
Meats that require a lot of chewing, like steak and tough cuts of beef, can be challenging to eat with dentures. Instead, opt for leaner meats or softer proteins like fish or ground meat.
Carbonated beverages can loosen your dentures and cause them to shift around in your mouth. It’s best to stick with still water or other non-carbonated drinks.
Visit Smiles and More for Denture Cleaning in Warrington Services!
Smiles and More boast the UK’s leading denture cleaning system at our North West clinics.
If you want to perfect your smile, visit our Warrington clinic today!
Smiles and More’s cleaning service usually takes around 20-30 minutes, in which your dentures receive a thorough and intensive cleaning so your dentures are in tip-top condition!